9 QUESTIONS WITH...ANNA HOANG
You may not recognise her name at first sight however, you will recognise the shirt with those exaggerated, monogrammed cuffs anywhere. Anna Hoang is the Creative Director of the critically acclaimed label Anna Quan. Known for her strong tailored silhouettes in luxe fabrications and subtle details, we sat down with Anna for a quick 5 minutes to ask her 9 Questions.
1. What do you do?
I run a fashion design label called ANNA QUAN.
2. How did you get started in your career?
It’s fairly clichéd, after graduating from design school I took about 1-2 years off, got a little more experience in the industry and then decided to start my own label.
3. What do you love about your job?
Everyday is different and it presents a challenge to continually innovate and think outside the square. I love that it’s multifaceted as I am easily bored.
4. What are the standout highlights in your career so far?
In about year 1 of my business, dressing Kendall Jenner. Earlier this year (year 3), being selected by a panel of fashion heavy weights (think Edwina McCann, EIC of Vogue and Justin O’Shea, Creative Director of Brioni) for an all sponsored show at Fashion Week.
5. Let's be honest, what's the worst thing about your job?
Probably the late nights (2am-3am is usual) and my inability to switch off and completely relax.
6. What is your advice to other aspiring individuals wanting to break into the industry?
Do a lot of research, get to know your market and customer well and be prepared to be flexible and adaptable.
7. Who would you ride a rollercoaster with?
My husband, he’s my partner in crime and the only one capable putting up with the crazy beside him.
8. Who is your ultimate dream shopping partner?
To be honest, I hate shopping with other people. I prefer to do it alone. Mainly because I am greedy and my friends have good taste. I don’t want us all buying the same stuff.
9. Three words that sum you up?
Direct, discerning and driven
1. ANNA QUAN | Anne Cotton Twill Shirt with Blue Silk Trim
2. ANNA QUAN | Crescendo Wool Dress
3. ANNA QUAN | Glissando Wool Crepe Culottes
4. ANNA QUAN | Katherine Cotton Chambray Shirt
5. ANNA QUAN | Baroque Belted Wool Coat
6. ANNA QUAN | Adagio Cotton Twill Shirt
7. ANNA QUAN | Motif Wool Palazzo Pants
Leave a comment